Dear MHHRA members:
As we are getting well into summer and planning vacations and lots of fun things, I wanted to let you know the MHHRA leadership team is making plans for the upcoming year. Before I jump into some of our plans let me first whole heartedly thank the outgoing President, Toni Shivery, for her exemplary leadership of the association and the executive board. We once again exceeded the previous year annual conference attendance and changed the format based on the feedback provided by you the members. She has left me with large shoes to fill; it would be quite impossible if not for the leadership team who puts in many extra hours to ensure we are adding value for our membership.
The Executive Board for the 2013-2014 year are:
- President Elect – James Miller, Johns Hopkins Hospital Bayview
- Past President – Toni Shivery, Upper Chesapeake Health
- Treasurer – Elizabeth Marsh, The Johns Hopkins Health System
- Secretary – Laura O’Donnell, Medstar Health System
- Special Advisor – Evan Combs, Upper Chesapeake Health
Our chapter along with the Virginia chapter will be co-hosting the 2013 National ASHHRA conference in Washington, DC, September 28 – October 1, 2013. Having this in our backyard will provide some opportunity for more MHHRA chapter members to attend through volunteering or simply by virtue of the nearby location.
For the 2013-2014 year the association goals include:
- Co-hosting the ASHHRA National Conference noted above
- Offer education opportunities online through webinars
- Continue to support education through scholarship awards
- Annual Conference
- Review feedback and make improvements accordingly
- Obtain HRCI approval for conference
- Secure engaging keynote speakers
- Enlist members to become involved with the MHHRA committees and executive board
The Vice President/HR Leadership dinner meetings will be held at the Marriott Residence Inn in White Marsh on Wednesday evenings starting at 5 p.m.
- September 18, 2013
- November 13, 2013
- January 15, 2014
- March 19, 2014
Educational Opportunities provided by SkillSurvey through online webinars with HCI credits are planned as noted below. We will send more communications regarding these sessions but feel free to share so all interested will be sure to get a spot. All sessions begin at noon and will be one hour in duration.
- September 12, 2013 - How HR Can Improve Patient Satisfaction & HCAP Scores
- October 10, 2013 - How to Avoid Undermining Your Workplace Culture of Service-Recruiting for Excellence
- November 14, 2013 - They Blinded Me with Compliance
As you can see we are well on our way to planning a year full of networking and educational opportunities for our membership. I look forward to seeing you in September at the leadership meeting. Enjoy the summer!
Senior Director Compensation
The Johns Hopkins Health System
firstname.lastname@example.org or 443-997-5584