August 14th, 2017
Dear MHHRA members:
I hope everyone is enjoying the summer thus far! However, it’s flying by quickly. Your MHHRA Executive Board has already started to plan for the year ahead.
As a reminder, The Executive Board members for 2017-2018 year are as follows:
- Secretary – Rebecca Strong, University of Maryland Medical System
- Treasurer – Christine Nelson, University of Maryland Medical System
- Chair Membership/Website – Mark Moody, Upper Chesapeake Health
- Special Advisor – Sharon Kemp, The Johns Hopkins Health System
- Special Advisor – Toni Shivery, Upper Chesapeake Health
- Special Advisor – James Miller, Johns Hopkins Bayview
- Special Advisor – Jill Updike, University of Maryland Medical System
Our MHHRA Committees have had a few changes and outstanding additions. All committees are looking for additional members and Co-Chairs. If you are interested, please contact the Chair or myself directly. They are as follows and the * denotes a new person, position or committee:
- Benefits Committee – Beth Carpenter, Chair
- Compensation Committee –Julia P. Farrell-Breit, Chair *
- Employee/Labor Relations Committee –Jessica Kohajda, Chair *
- Recruitment Committee – Michael Hwang, Chair *
I would like to extend “Special Thanks” to all Executive Board and Committee Members for everything they do and will do in the upcoming year!
This year we are creating a new “Annual Conference Committee.” The purpose is to increase our planning support and at the same time offer additional opportunities to our membership. This is one of the ways MHHRA offers personal development and networking to our members. If interested, please email Toni Shivery, Special Advisor. Please remember to save the entire day to join us at the MHHRA Annual Spring Conference, Wednesday, April 18th, 2018.
Finally, we will continue to hold the HR Leadership Dinner meetings beginning in September. Please see the following dates and note that 3 of the 4 scheduled meetings will be held at the Marriott Residence Inn in White Marsh starting at 5pm. The November meeting will be held at the Hampton Inn in White Marsh at 5pm due to availability – highlighted below. Please mark your calendars with the following dates:
Holly L. Reilly MBA, FACHE
Director, Human Resources Consulting and Labor Relations
The Johns Hopkins Health System